So my promise of having pictures up two weeks ago obviously wasn't fulfilled; many apologies, but I have twisted my husband's arm and gotten the crash course on transferring photos from camera to computer and computer to web (I honestly didn't know how to do that before; Brett is the technology guru in our partnership). Considering I will want to share and show off baby pictures soon, I decided it was time to learn. So. . .take a look at this preggers picture. . .and then think about the fact it was taken at 27 weeks. 10 weeks ago I was already gunning for the beached whale award during our trip to Naples, FL. You can imagine what I look like now, 10 weeks later. For those of you who want to see rather than use your imagination, I will share a photo as soon as we take one. I didn't want to inundate you with too much in one post. :)
I'm also sharing photos from my baby shower. . .the first is of my fabulous friends (aka hostesses) who made the shower perfect despite the downpour hurricane whoever brought us. The second is of my adorable mom and grandmother who make me look HUGE in comparison to their cute, petite frames and the grace with which they are both aging. I can only hope for their genes!
In other news, I started "getting checked" last week at the OB's office since I hit 36 weeks last Monday. We were 70% effaced and 1 1/2 cms dilated. Let's hope that keeps progressing! I am waiting impatiently (I know that shocks you that I could be at all impatient) for Baby B to show up now that we're at 37 weeks, which is considered full term. I'm guessing we still have a couple weeks to suffer through - little sleep, reflux, swelling, have I mentioned I look like a beached whale - before our little prince or princess makes an appearance. Ultimately, I will wait as long as I need to as I know a healthy baby is more important than any timeline I have in my head. Remind me of that when you talk to me and I say I want to go NOW! :)
Ok, off to take a look at the to-do list that is plaguing my thoughts; I have so many things I feel like I need to take care of in order to be "ready." Work stuff, little things around the house, some reading, you name it. . .but the big things are done. The car seat is installed so we can come home from the hospital safely, our bag is packed for the hospital, we bought a video camera to capture first moments with baby, etc. Tomorrow the professional carpet cleaner service comes, so we'll be nice and sanitized for the munchkin. Good thing this child is coming soon because I become more OCD with every day that passes. . . anyway, nursery pictures will be coming soon now that I possess camera how-to knowledge. Thanks for your continued prayers for a safe arrival for the munchkin and I!



2 comments:
Wow- your counter says 21 days!! I'm so glad you updated the blog:) I love the pictures! The one of you, your mom and grandmother is super cute- 3 pretty ladies that look SO much alike!! You have great genes!!
oh my goodness i can't believe that baby basquin is already upon us! watch out world!! :) please post pics of the nursery, i can't wait to see. and i do owe you a phone call - i'm sorry i didn't call back a couple of weeks ago when you were at the pool but to say we've had a lot going on here with family is an understatement... anyway, here's to a happy healthy delilvery!!!
Post a Comment