
It was a very busy week for us. . .keep in mind my daily existence is usually limited to the couch for nursing with brief jaunts to the bathroom for diaper changes and/or baths and outfit changes as well as the laundry room for the piles that seem to grow faster than weeds. Occasionally I make it to the kitchen to scarf down something/anything and refill my water bottles. So the busy week thing. . .on Tuesday, we [Jackson and mommy] went to the photographer and placed our order for Jackson's photos and designed his birth announcements. They are gorgeous; can't wait for them to arrive and send them out! Later in the same day (it's a big deal for me to have two outings in one day), Beth came to watch Jackson so I could get a hair cut and color touch up. Thank you Beth! Wednesday was exciting as the whole family ventured to the pediatrician for Jackson's one month check-up. The boy was 11 lbs 2 oz and 23 3/4 inches long - wow! No wonder we are in 6 month clothing! The pediatrician probably thought I was nuts as I handed him his typed copy of the 12 topics/questions I wanted to cover. The best part of the appointment was the doctor telling us to let him sleep until he wakes up instead of waking him as I had been (per lactation consultant instructions); Jackson has slept for a 6 hour stretch the past 3 nights!
Thursday & Friday were relatively tame. After such a big Tues/Wed, we were pooped! Yesterday we had our Sunday School Christmas celebration at the Cumbies. Jackson came along and did wonderfully. When our teacher announced it was time to get started with the advent lesson, Jackson did so cheerfully with a big, loud toot that left Lindsay and I in stitches! Later yesterday afternoon, Brett watched Jackson so I could go to Alyssa and Ginger's cookie exchange, and it was a delicious time! Again, two outings in one day so I'm pooped again! :)
More later as I hear the little man grunting and need to go check, but here's another picture of the sweet man. . .dimples and all!



4 comments:
he is heartbreakingly cute!!
Such a cute big boy!! I'm glad you're both sleeping better:) You'll have to give me a copy of the ped. questions too!
What great news about his growth (& sleep)! He is adorable. I know you are loving being a mother. It is the best!
Oh my gosh, he's so cute!! I love him already!!
Aunt Amber
Post a Comment