I know you are more interested in pictures (which I haven't uploaded yet but will soon), but JACKSON FORD BASQUIN is here!! He is gorgeous with a full head - just shy of a mullet - of dark brown hair and a face that melts my heart every time I look at him. He weighed in at 8 lbs 7 oz and is 22 inches long. He came at 5:15 pm on Halloween. Needless to say, we are skipping the "newborn" diaper size and have already graduated to size 1. For all my preggers friends, I'd advise buying a minimal number of the newborn diapers.
So far, so good. He eats well and just has a touch of jaundice. We return to the hospital this morning to have that evaluated, so say prayers that it is resolving. He can wiggle out of ANY swaddle blanket or even some sleepers, which is quite amusing unless it's 3 am. :) When they say you don't know how much you can love someone until you look at your child, they are so right. And your love multiplies with every glance at your baby. Brett is doing a stand up job of helping burping, swaddling, and diaper change assists. Nana (my mom) is here and helping us beyond imagination with meals and Jackson assistance. Sometimes the diaper changes are a 3-man job - circumcision and umbilical dressings add a whole new dimension!
Labor and delivery were a breeze, truly (minus 50 minutes of a "hot spot" where the epidural had to be adjusted). The hard work began after he arrived and when we got him home. I will be so so thankful when the umbilical cord falls off and the circumcision heals. We have already experienced wetting through a diaper, two swaddling blankets, and mom's shirt (this was all at one time, not separate incidences). Of course this occurred at 2:30 am. :)
Ok, off to get ready for today's excursion. Pictures coming soon. . .
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
yay!!!! i'm so happy that mom and baby are doing well! and laughing out loud that he peed on you even through all that armor.
Congratulations! I can't wait to meet your beautiful bundle of JOY!
Post a Comment