Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tag, I'm It!

Ok, so I have been tagged by two friends (Meredith, sorry it took me so long, but I finally am getting to it! Perri, I'm getting to yours relatively quickly. . .for me, that is). So I'm combining my tags to give you a picture and explanation (Meredith's tag). . .this is Jackson's "deer in the headlights" look that he gives us anytime something/somebody/anything new is put in his sights. I swear my child does smile and laugh, but you won't see many pictures of it because as soon as he sees the camera, out comes the deer in the headlights look. It's as if he's saying, "Mom, you were just being so entertaining, making faces and funny noises. What is that silver thing you just stuck in my face that is going to have that awfully annoying flash in two seconds? I am not a fan!" So we have five million pictures like this and very few of the smiles we want to share with y'all. And a weight update. . .Jackson was 15 lbs 4 oz this morning at his reflux check-up. . .hooray!!And then for Perri's tag. 10 things about me you may not know. Hmmm, my brain is on vacation (and probably will stay there for the next 18 years or so. Wish I could go with it), but off the top of my head. . .
1. I lived overseas when I was in 5th/6th grade on a tropical island called Saipan. It's a US territory near Guam in the Pacific. Although it's a US territory, the locals do NOT like Americans, so I did NOT like Saipan.
2. Both my husband and I have green(ish) eyes. We wonder if Jackson's will stay blue. . .TBD.
3. Way back when before Jackson, I loved running. Treadmills only. It was a borderline addiction. I so wish my craving for running would come back, along with the time to do it and some sleep for energy.
4. My favorite vacations are warm, beachy vacations but must include a good pool. There are just some days when sand doesn't do it for me.
5. My favorite day of the year is my birthday, and I believe birthdays should be big deals. You can have Valentine's Day and all the other holidays, but I want to be celebrated on my birthday. And I believe everyone else should be celebrated on their birthdays, too.
6. I am OCD organized about some things (like keeping track of Jackson's feedings, sleep, etc) but a disaster when it comes to keeping a clutter-free house. There is baby stuff everywhere, and I don't care enough to straighten it up every day. I'd rather spend time with Brett & Jackson (Beth is laughing and shaking her head 'yes' right now).
7. Our closest immediate family lives 4 hours away - that's Brett's brother, Burke, and his wife Stacey and their two children. Both of our parents live 10 hours from us. Yes, I'm having a pity party. I wish they were closer!
8. My favorite color is green followed closely by pink. And despite the fact I love nothing better (other than my family and sleep) than jeans and t-shirts, I'm a big fan of girly things like monogrammed stationary, key chains, etc.
9. I'm an obnoxious UVa alumni. Yes, I love my Wahoos and think there is no better school. I'm sure you think that about your teams, too. You should!
10. We finally felt like our life in Auburn was the way it was supposed to be when we joined our Sunday School class. Something was missing until that point, and we are so blessed to have found such a great group of couples!

No comments: