Friday, July 10, 2009

The Mobility Factor

If you know me well, you hear me say often, "I just wish I could push pause and enjoy this stage for a little while longer and freeze us all in time." Well, I wish I could have pushed pause two weeks ago because Jackson is now mobile. In the past week, he has gained mobility in multiple ways - he can pull to standing, push himself to sitting from laying down, crawl (a true crawl, no more army crawl), and walk with the assistance of your fingers. Mothers with younger infants beware: Do Not Wish Mobility On Your Child; Enjoy Limited Movement While It Lasts!!

Of course I am thrilled Jackson is developing, and it's so much fun to see him explore his surroundings more fully. I'm just blown away at how FAST the child is. No more running for five seconds into the kitchen. As I've learned, disasters occur in half a second, not five seconds. The child could be halfway to China in five seconds or pulling a table over onto himself. And if you happen to be a mother of a boy, tell me this: are ALL boys born with a motor?! If he is awake or even semi-awake, the boy is on the go. We don't sit still ever for anything (maybe if I allowed tv he'd sit still for that, but we're not there yet). We have friends whose sweet children are happy to hang out in their car seats while their parents socialize or eat; Jackson does not possess that temperament or patience. A-C-T-I-O-N...that's how you spell Jackson!

So when you're wondering why I'm a slacker and never update my blog, it's because my child doesn't sit still long enough for me to type two sentences (Oh wait, what's that you say? I was a slacker even when he didn't have mobility? Oh. True. I'll think of a better excuse later). Now that the weekend is here and I have an assistant, oops I mean husband, I'll take some photos to post of all of our new mobility tricks. In the mean time, enjoy this one. . .
PS There is a new vehicle parked in my garage. It's true! Is the suspense killing you? What do you think I ended up purchasing? I'll give you four choices, which coincidentally were my four choices: 1. ) the oh-so-fabulous-aforementioned Honda Odyssey 2.) My sentimental favorite, the Tahoe 3.) The late to the game but ever so wonderful Toyota Sequoia 4.) My 'dream' car, the Volvo XC90.

3 comments:

The Reeds said...

You are hilarious, and Jackson is SOOO SUPER CUTE!! I can't believe our boys are growing so fast! I won't comment on the vehicle, since I have insider information:)

Tiffany said...

the suspense is 'driving' me crazy. ha, that was lame, but WHAT IS IT?! we're still thinking the suburban/yukon xl but haven't made the leap yet. but the volvo xc90 was my dream car for a LONG time - i just need a third row seat. it's ridiculous that i think the honda pilot is too small for us. kids just have a lot of STUFF.

The Northcutt's said...

My guess is the sentimental Tahoe! Can't wait to find out.