Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm a Bad Mom

Would you believe me if I told you during the month of August I only took 20 photos of my son? I may have taken more, but only 20 were keepers. I think that might make me a bad mom. I'd give you a ton of excuses, but they'd just be excuses. So instead I'll promise to do better in September, how's that? Personally, I can't believe that of the 20 photos, there are a couple of Jackson and me since I'm usually behind the camera. I guess that means I took less than 20 since Brett took three. Yikes! I really am a bad mommy.
Anyway, here is one of Jackson's favorite activities. . .he is a Tupperware man. He can spend great amounts of time playing on the floor flipping tops and containers everywhere. Hooray for that since it means I can *attempt* to get things done in the kitchen at the same time.


He's also starting to wave whenever HE feels like it. Not on command, and not necessarily when people are going bye-bye. Just when he wants to. I hope I'm normal (ha!) because I spend time wondering if we're on track developmentally, why we're not clapping when the books say babies his age should be able to clap and wave already. He also is not really babbling a whole lot yet (no mama or dad but plenty of rah-rahs and bah-bahs), but I'm thinking that's more of a boy thing. It's hard for me to comprehend how my offspring wouldn't be chattering away considering I don't shut my mouth sometimes, but he is 50% daddy afterall. :) Jackson is definitely a fast walker, though. He's already taking 7-8 steps at a time on his own. Walking from mommy to daddy and vice-versa is one of his favorite activities; his personal cheering section loves it, too. One day I'll capture a photo of the walking when I'm not cheering him on or rushing to catch him as he falls (hard wood floors throughout the house aren't forgiving for spills).
We should've taken way more pictures when Grammy, Grampy, and Uncle Blake visited but that was in August, and I've already told you how many pictures I took in August. Oops!! But we had a great time playing with all of them, and Jackson enjoyed the love and attention. He's such a happy camper and goes well to everyone. I'm thankful for that since he's at home with just one person during the day.

Ok, off to get things done. . . I promise to take more photos in September. It's football season, fall, and for so many other reasons!

5 comments:

The Northcutt's said...

You are a wonderful mommy! And I think Jackson is perfect. No need to worry about the delay in chatter. He'll be a chatter box before you know it (and only he will understand most of it)!!! Ha! I can't tell you how many times people ask me, "What did she just say?" and I just smile and say, "I have no clue". I like to think she is telling me how much she loves her mommy...right?!?

The Reeds said...

You are an AWESOME mommy!! I love all of the pictures! Walking-- what?! Oh my goodness!

Rummels said...

Don't worry about the picture taking because the next child will have less and then 3rd(at least 3 right?! :) ) will have even less! Kim had tons of pictures because she was first.. I have some.. and then Allison has alot because she was "the baby" haha.. it happens! And the chattering will come soon enough and you'll be telling him to be quiet haha. Cannot wait to see you guys!!!! Safe travels! I can definitely take him off your hands for some chill time while you're here.

Elyse said...

I LOVE the new format! Very cool!!! And, you're a great mom - you're spending time with him versus being behind a camera :o)

Shannon and Jeremy said...

Very cute posts! I'm finally jumping on to the band wagon with my own blog. Looks like you could give me great tips! I'm looking forward to keeping up with you guys. Keep up the great work! Jackson is sooo adorable and looks so grown up already. It's amazing!